Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.”
Its unique combination of fatty acids can have positive effects on your health.
This includes fat loss, better brain function and various other impressive benefits.
Here are the top 10 health benefits of coconut oil.
1. Coconut Oil Contains Fatty Acids With Potent Medicinal Properties.
Coconut oil is high in fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than most other fats. These special fats are responsible for a lot of the health benefits of coconut oil.
2. Populations That Eat a Lot of Coconut Oil Are Healthy
Several populations around the world have thrived for multiple generations eating massive amounts of coconut.
3. Coconut Oil Can Increase Fat Burning
Obesity is one of the biggest health problems in the world.
The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil have been shown to increase calories burned over 24 hours by as much as 5%.
4. Coconut Oil Can Kill Harmful Microorganisms
The fatty acids in coconut oil can kill harmful pathogens, including bacteria, viruses and fungi. This could potentially help to prevent infections.
5. Coconut Oil Can Reduce Your Hunger, Helping You Eat Less
The fatty acids in coconut oil can significantly reduce appetite, which may lead to reduced body weight over the long term.
6. The Fatty Acids in Coconuts May Reduce Seizures.
The MCTs in coconut oil can increase blood concentration of ketone bodies, which can help reduce seizures in epileptic children.
7. Coconut Oil Can Raise The Good HDL Cholesterol
A few studies have shown that coconut oil can raise blood levels of HDL cholesterol, which is linked to improved metabolic health and a lower risk of heart disease.
8. Coconut Oil Can Protect Your Skin, Hair and Dental Health.
Coconut oil can also be applied topically, with studies showing it to be effective as a skin moisturizer and protecting against hair damage.
9. The Fatty Acids in Coconut Oil Can Boost Brain Function in Alzheimer’s Patients.
Preliminary studies suggest that medium-chain triglycerides can increase blood levels of ketones, supplying energy for the brain cells of Alzheimer’s patients and relieving symptoms.
10. Coconut Oil Can Help You Lose Fat, Especially The Harmful Abdominal Fat.
11. Anything Else?
If you want to buy organic coconut oil, then visit our organic shop @ Suite 31, Mota Shopping Complex, Ifako-Gbagada, Lagos.
In order to get the impressive health benefits outlined in the article, then make sure to choose organic, virgin coconut oil — not the refined stuff.