PURPORTED IPOB SIT AT HOME ORDER: IMO CITIZENS SHOULD GO ABOUT THEIR NORMAL BUSINESSES- POLICE COMMISSIONER
BY PRINCELY ONYENWE,IMO
THE IMO STATE POLICE COMMAND WARNS HOODLUMS AND CRIMINAL ELEMENTS TO STEER CLEAR THE PUBLIC SPACE OR DAMP THE CONSEQUENCES
This statement was contained in a press release signed by SP Bala Elkana, ANIPR, PPRO For Commissioner of Police, Imo State.
The release however made public and released Police emergency number 08034773600 to enable citizens call in times of emergency for police intervention.
The police Commissioner has therefore ENJOINS CITIZENS TO IGNORE THE SIT AT HOME ORDER BY PROSCRIBED MEMBERS OF IPOB and go about their normal businesses.
The Full Press Release
The attention of Imo State Police Command has been drawn to some messages circulating on social media purported to have emanated from leaders of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOP), directing innocent and law abiding citizens of the State to sit at home on 29th, 30th and 31st May, 2021.
- These inciting messages by disgruntled and misguided elements are targeted towards creating fear and panic on the minds of patriotic and law abiding citizens of the State. The hoodlums are looking for opportunities to loot and steal from unsuspecting members of the public.
- The Command wishes to inform the good people of Imo State that adequate security arrangements are put in place to guarantee their safety. The Police in collaboration with other security agencies in the state have massively deployed its resources and Special Forces to provide watertight security across the State.
- Members of the public are advised to go about their lawful businesses without fear. Do not succumb to cheap blackmail and threats from criminal elements who cannot defeat the collective will of the people.
- Parents and guardians are strongly advised to monitor the movement of their children and wards throughout this period and beyond. To those who are bent on disturbing the peace of the state, we have this simple message for you, steer clear of the public space or write your will before you step out. The Command is battle ready to deal decisively with hoodlums and criminal elements in line with the law.
- Members of the public with useful information can contact the Police through the following emergency number 08034773600
- Together we will continue to keep Imo State safe.
This release was signed by SP Bala Elkana, ANIPR,Police Public Relations Officer, For Commissioner of Police,
9News Nigeria (Owerri)
For inquiries on this news contact 9News Nigeria Imo State @08036856526